In December 2020, Stanford University, in concert with the publishing house Elsevier and SciTech Strategies, published a ranking of the 2% of the best scientists in the world. Looking at several indicators, this study analyzed data from 1996 through 2019, covering close to 7 million scientists in 22 major fields ranging from chemistry to engineering to economics and business.
We are pleased to announce that there are nine scientists from the Christian Medical College, Vellore who are included in this prestigious ranking of the most influential people of science in the world. Among the scientists listed from CMC, Dr. T. Jacob John ranked among the top 200 of the world’s more than 49,000 researchers in the field of pediatrics.
These are additional experts affiliated with CMC and their category of expertise:
– Dr. Elwyn Elias, Gastroenterology & Hepatology
– Dr. K S Jacob, Psychiatry
– Dr. Gagandeep Kang – Microbiology
– Dr. Vedantam Rajshekhar – Neurology & Neurosurgery
– Dr. Alok Srivastava – Cardiovascular System & Hematology
– Dr. P. Tharyan – General & Internal Medicine
– Dr. Kurien Thomas – General & Internal Medicine