Recognizing “Excellence in Service, Research, and Education”
As part of its 75th Anniversary Celebrations, the Vellore CMC Foundation is introducing its inaugural ‘EISRE’ Awards, one to be given to a single member of the U.S. medical alumni community and another to a single member of the U.S. nursing/allied health alumni community. This newly established annual award is intended to recognize the individual contributions of two members of the North American CMC alumni community whose career pursuits have resulted in the attainment of Excellence In Service, Research, and Education (EISRE).
This year’s EISRE awards will be presented at the CMC North American Alumni Association’s 42ND GOTC, being held on June 15 -18th in Rochester, MN.
Please find the eligibility and selection process details below, as well as instructions on the nomination process. All nominations must be received by May 1, 2023.
The purpose of the Vellore CMC Foundation Excellence in Service, Research, and Education (EISRE) Award is to honor either undergraduate and/or post-graduate alumni (of the Christian Medical College, Vellore – CMC) living in North America, who personify CMC’s mission of “seeking to give witness to the healing ministry of Christ through excellence in education, service and research”. Any CMC undergraduate and post-graduate alumni currently living in the United States or Canada are eligible to be nominated for this special recognition award.
Eligible candidates for this award should have (in the mind of the person making the nomination) demonstrated “dedication”, “integrity”, and “excellence” in all three pillars of CMC’s missions: (1) patient care, (2) educational instruction, and (3) research throughout their personal and professional lives.
- All nominations will be reviewed by a committee composed of CMC Vellore management and staff, primarily:
- Chair: Dr. Sowmya Sathyendra, Associate Director, HR
- Dr. Joy John Mammen, Associate Director, Medical
- Dr. Solomon Sathishkumar, Principal
- Dr. Vinay Timothy Oommen, Professor, Department of Physiology
- Dr. Kenny Samuel David, Associate Director, Chittoor Campus
- Dr. Paul M.J., Professor, Department of Surgery
- Dr. Priya Abraham, Professor, Department of Virology
- Dr. Shantidani Minz, Head of Department, Rural Unit for Health, and Social Affairs
- Nominees for each category will be narrowed down to three (3) by May 15, 2023
- The final decision for both awards will be made in advance of the GOTC event scheduled to begin on June 15th.
- The two (2) EISRE Award Recipients will be announced at the GOTC Evening Entertainment event on June 17, 2023, in Rochester, MN.
- Any and all CMC medical, nursing, and allied health graduates are welcome to submit the name(s) of a deserving alumnus/alumna for (1) the medical alumni EISRE award and/or (2) the nursing and allied health EISRE award.
- Nominations must be submitted electronically through the “online nomination form” which consists of:
- Nominator’s contact information
- Nominee’s contact information
- The nominator’s personal case for why this candidate should receive the award
- Any supporting documentation
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- This is not a posthumous award.
- All nominations must be received by May 1, 2023
If you have any questions, please contact Mabel Haro at email@example.com.
We look forward to acknowledging the achievements of CMC Alumni and celebrating their dedication to excellence in service, research, and education.