Through the generosity of CMC alumni, the Scudder family, friends, and faith community, the Foundation continued to provide transformational support to CMC and to its many programs in support of the poor and disadvantaged.
Due to the successful outcome of five CMC-focused fundraising initiatives in 2019, the Foundation sent $975,954 to CMC to support the institution’s advancement of Education, Patient Care and Research. The generous support of our many living donors, combined with that of two extraordinary bequeathed gifts, one from Rev. Walter Dosch and another from CMC alumnus, Dr. Veron Netto, made this year’s record contribution a possibility.
In 2019, our unified efforts resulted in the creation of charitable funds that have subsequently been used to touch the lives of many people in Vellore, India (and beyond), most significant amongst them being patients, students, CMC medical personnel and researchers.
With your support, we have raised the funds needed to:
- Create ten new scholarships for incoming students to the CMC College of Nursing
- Ensure the timely completion of the Kannigapuram Level I Trauma and Specialty Medical Center
- Add expanded capabilities of the Low-Cost Effective Care Unit (LCECU)
- Start the construction of an assisted living facility for CMC alumni and their families
- Support CMC’s Senior Training Fellowships (now knowns as the “Dr. Honorine Ward Senior Fellowship Program”)
- Engage students, fellows and faculty in scientific medical research
- Begin the design and development of a Maternal/Child Healthcare Hospital in the Jawadhi Hills
- Launch a mobile Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Program
- Serve as the sponsor of the 8th Annual Ida S. Scudder Oration
- Expand the capabilities of CMC’s on-campus simulation laboratory
- Modernize the technology used in obstetrics labor room and neonatal intensive care unit
As it is the sole mission of the Foundation to support CMC’s aspiration for excellence in patient care, education and research, our partnered efforts during this past year have allowed us to make a genuine difference in helping CMC in their care for the needs of millions.
In 2020, the Foundation looks forward to continuing to innovate, build new transformative partnerships and change even more lives, through the compassionate, quality healthcare, education, and research provided by CMC, Vellore.